Sunday, February 14, 2010

The premature elegy of the wind-bent reed.

I was born a white diamond in the world all around me.

I was a bright little kid with dirt on his trousers.

I was curious, and an asker of fundamental questions.

I was a hero, genius, and parents’ true fancy.

I was a lover of reason and player of challenge.

I was one thousand reasons that point to the best life.

I had fallen in love; I had shot deep inside me.

I had doubts and rejections, with things in myself.

I did see the beauty, rewarded for courage.

I did see the heights that a human could go to.

I did dream of me, as Leonardo da Vinci.

I uttered a cry when a nightmare awoke me.

I forgot its lesson, when failure did shake me.

I was tricked into failing by politicians around me.

I was broken inside by love that had failed me.

I was torn by the waves of sadness and sorrow.

I was held by strong hands, whose trust I had broken.

I kept strong and fell weak, as the days dragged me over.

I made a woman cry, a woman who loved me.

I died the death of a Romeo, who couldn’t satisfy his Juliet.

I lived the life of a warrior returning defeated.

I met strangers who shocked me, and looked at a mirror.

I gave room in my heart, to good hope and sunshine.

I’m going to jump, to dive into dirt now.

I’m going to look the real world in the eye.

I’m going to shake off all heart-warming fancy.

I’m taking the remote into my hands now.

I’ve waited enough for eagles to guide me.

I’ve waited in vain for beauty to find me.

I’ll die the death of a martyr unneeded.

I’ll be buried in a heath, burnt and unvisited.

Remembered by none, and loved by some.

1 comment:

The Reluctant Rebel said...

This reminds me of "A hard rains gonna fall". great stuff.