Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fare thee well, freebird.

Skip to the trees and sing to the breeze,

And shout to the wide blue seas,

Thy lover has cometh, on thy golden carriage,

To take thee away from me.

Go thee away on thy heavenly trip

And wave me a turned goodbye,

And give me happiness within my being

When I stare into your joyful eye.

Let winds feel warm, as you grow wings

To soar atop their gentle streams;

Directed by him towards a place

Once visited in your dreams.

Be the disappearing speck, afar,

Half hiding in clouds,

Till with a final glint you go

Leaving no slightest scar.

Let stars above shine bright to you,

Let maoons of Earth and Heaven dance,

Let suns from all the universe

Rain light on you as you advance

To realms beyond what I have seen.

Let love and passion bestow themselves

On two of you, both passionate lovers,

And make your time as fair as elves,

Reminding you of childhood dreams,

You once put away on dirty shelves.

So, with my dreams, my love, Goodbye,

Till we again, under sea or sky,

Two wandering souls, one quenched, one thirsting,

To sounds of thousand dams a-bursting,

Find our searching souls, and laughing eyes.

No comments: