Saturday, February 20, 2010

A letter to Death.

Death almighty,
Loner's deity,
Show me pity,
Seek this city,
Find my home,
And like an ugly gnome,
Ascend the stairway into my room
Where I lay sleeping in my bed's womb,
To wake me up and call my name
From a list you carry like your money or fame.
Keep one eye on the bedside table,
Where lay that deadly juice of Sable,
Both sweet and bitter, and bittersweet,
A carrier to worlds with silver streets
And golden footpaths. Please take my hands
And make them empty in into my glands.
As body dances with passionate stranger,
O Death, please lead me towards a danger.
The subtle sultry seductress - Sable,
Like a half remembered childhood fable,
Shall lull me into a trusting state
And you can guide me by my hand to a Golden gate,
And stop as I drop into an unseen cavity,
My death, pushed by you, and pulled by gravity.

No comments: