Thursday, April 15, 2010

RhymePlay

I’m doin’ a seven-eight-six hullabaloo of a rhyme!
Let’s see if I can explain that. In each six-line unit, there is alternate rhyming, while each discrete three-unit follows the syllabic pattern of seven syllables, eight syllables, and six syllables. I have tried to keep it iambic, and I hope there is a name for the meter. Without further ado, here is it:
Stoned I sit, in blended bliss,
To rise to my sweet maiden sky
And offer her a kiss.
Worn and weary passers-by,
With eyes that wish to make a swish,
Pass quietly, as I sigh.
Lonely wit wants tenderness
And hearts need starts and ends again
While love do make its mess.
Tones of silver manly pain
Meanwhile does dress a board of chess,
Deep hidden, in the vein.
Keep me low for earthly woe,
And winds that scar the sky’s visage
To offer me a blow.
I pray to thy womb’s flotage:
It kept me going through the show,
Without a stumble large.

No comments: